Announcement: Make sure your details are up to date on My Local Locksmith to get local work.

Hoppe Tokyo PAS24 Handles

Home Forums Locksmiths Hoppe Tokyo PAS24 Handles

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    locksmith88
    Participant

Hi, I attended a call out late on Friday evening to open a failed Euro cylinder. When I arrived I found that the door was fitted with a set of Hoppe Tokyo PAS 24 handles. After exhausting all other options, I reluctantly had to resort to drilling the lock, which meant damaging the cylinder protector in the handle set.

It only took a few minutes to drill the cylinder protector and cylinder and open the door. Upon completing the job, I told the customer that I would try to get him a replacement cylinder protector, which is a removable insert within the handle assembly. I have however, contacted Hoppe UK and found that this part is not available separately – to replace this part, it is necessary to buy a complete handle set!

Research on the internet, suggests that the Hoppe Tokyo PAS24 handles are not terribly resistant to attack, so personally feel that these handles are somewhat of a liability. These handles are more expensive than most other handles on the market and if spare parts are not available I would not be prepared to recommend these handles to my customers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.